Fall is a super busy time. Back to school, kids’ sports, grown-ups getting back into regular work outs… Your body deserves top notch fuel and fluid all year long but if things got a little relaxed during the lazy, hazy days of summer, now is a fantastic time to refresh the kitchen. Clean out the fridge and sift through the cupboards. Replace over-processed, bland-coloured snack food items with a selection of brightly coloured fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, nuts, seeds and quality protein choices. Keep a grocery list in a central location to which all members of the household can add meal and snack items as they run low.
Kick off the refocused fall fuel program with this deliciously refreshing smoothie! Great at breakfast, it’s also a perfect afterschool or post-workout snack.
Green Apple Smoothie – Makes 3 servings
- 2 cups 100% peach, apple or mango juice
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1 tart green apple, seeds removed, cut into chunks
- 1 cup fresh kale leaves
- Combine all ingredients in blender until smooth.
Latest posts by Patricia Chuey (see all)
- Make It a Meal Salad - January 18, 2019
- - January 3, 2019
- Osteoporosis Awareness Month: Plant Foods and Bone Health - November 5, 2018